Please find below details of forthcoming CPD and other courses. Please note, whilst many of the courses featured will count as *valid CPD by the GHR, some courses will not, and are included only on the basis they may be considered to be of interest to many practising hypnotherapists. Each course listed will therefore be referenced to a key (see below) that will indicate whether they are considered to be valid CPD or simply for interest only. This is located next to each course’s reference number.
* The National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP) also recognises these courses as valid CPD.
Valid CPD = Course that the GHR acknowledges as valid CPD
Interest Only = Course that the GHR does not acknowledge as valid CPD�
Booking and Payment instructions are at the end of this email.
Enquiries regarding featured CPD courses or how to promote a CPD course should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Order of listings: alphabetical by county (distance learning/online courses can be found at the bottom of this email).
For details of ALL current courses (including those previously featured) please click here
(Penny Croal & Mark Sheppard)
Location: Chiswick LONDON
Ref No: 192 VALID CPD
NLP Communication for Therapists
One day CPD Course
11th July 2010, 10am - 5pm
Given the time constraints of a clinical consultation, we can see how essential it is to be able to really communicate with a client and to quickly elicit critical information relating specifically to their condition, allowing us to spend as much time as possible on treatment. Also for any treatment to be most effective it’s imperative to establish a comfortable client/therapist relationship based on trust, openness and understanding.
Anyone who has considered taking a Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner course will already know how expensive that can be. This course has been designed specifically to give therapists with no previous NLP training the most effective communication tools, using the latest NLP techniques without the expense of a full practitioner course.
Outcomes - By the end of the course you will be able to:
* Use state elicitation to be in the most resourceful frame of mind before, during and after a consultation.
* Understand why you communicate with some clients more easily than with others.
* Be able to communicate fully and effectively with every client.
* Move your client from a negative state to their most resourceful state.
* Build rapport quickly - one of the most essential skills for any therapist.
* Recognise how we use our senses to communicate with our world.
* Literally speak your client’s language.
* Discover how your client builds their unique model of the world and how they can change it.
* Move your client from being under the effect of their lives to being the cause of their lives.
* Understand and elicit your client’s goals.
* Help your clients develop achievable positive outcomes.
NLP is the study of excellence - of what works - and the techniques and skills you will take away with you will not only allow you to communicate and work more effectively as a therapist but they can also be used in almost every situation in your own life including relationships, negotiations and setting personal goals.
You will also take away a certificate of attendance and a course handbook describing all of the techniques covered during the day, plus you will have access to free post-course email and telephone support.
Initially developed for therapists this course has now been taken up by the medical community as a validated CPD course for medical doctors.
For more information, please go to the GHR website. Please see the following link: